absoluteBLACK Premium Shimano 110/4 bcd compatible oval chainrings in PVD Rainbow (oil slick) color are designed for new type of Shimano cranks Dura-Ace 9100, Ultegra 8000 & 105 R7000. Super fast shifting and amazing smoothness of pedaling. (They can be also retrofitted to 9000 and 6800 cranks). It is the most Premium oval chainring on the market with scientifically proven performance gains. 10/11/12spd compatible.
NOTE: Due to the nature of PVD process, every chainring is unique and color may vary. Not a single chainring is the same which makes your new ring completely individual. You can indicate to us, in comments section during the checkout, if you prefer more gold-purple or more blue/green-gold, but we can not guarantee to meet your request.
Advantages of absoluteBlack Road Oval Chainrings:
- One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster (Patent Pending)
- Over 15% stiffer than Rotor Qrings due to thicker, 5mm construction
- Bespoke Absolute Black 6 point ramp and recess shifting design shifts better than any other brand and model of oval chainring
- Finest design that provides excellent strength to weight ratio
- You will not "feel" the oval shape while pedaling
- Your pedalling action will feel smoother
- Helps reduce stress on knees and helping your legs remain fresher for longer
- You will be able to maintain better cadence while climbing
- Reduces possibility of leg cramps
- You will reduce chainring/cog shifts by at least 15%
- Ramps on big rings are specially configured for combinations: 50/34, 52/36, 52/38, 53/39T
- If you wish to use other configuration it will also work, but shifting will be slower and may require more "adjustments" of front dérailleur to be acceptable. Also remember that front dérailleur can only accept max 16T difference between 2 chainrings - this is how Shimano and Sram designed them.
- Absolute Black always recommends using a new chain when fitting new chainrings
How to mount 110/4 9100 / 8000 Oval Chainring: (Same instruction as for 9000/6800 Cranks)
First, you need to remove your crank from your bike. Once removed, unscrew the 4 bolts that hold two chainrings together with a T-30 torx key. Remove both original rings. Locate the new oval inner chainring with the triangular timing indicator positioned behind crank arm. The bolt holes on the small chainring are recessed – so the nut heads will sit flush with the surface of the chainring - these recesses should face you when mounting the bolts. Absolute Black outer chainring has a specific shape of mounting tabs so it will only fit one way on the crank arm. If you are only switching the inner chainring to oval - use the original bolts that came with your crank. If you are switching to a pair of oval rings, you will need a set of regular ‘double’ chainring bolts or our set of Bolt covers. Tighten all four bolts with force of about 5-7Nm. Mount your crank back to the bike. You may also need to adjust the front derailleur slightly.
- Size :50T (120g)
- Colour Options : PVD Rainbow
- Compatibility : Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, R9120, R9150 & R9170 Di2 and Ultegra 8000, R8020, R8050 & 8070 Di2, 105- R7000, R7020, R7070. They can also retrofit all 9000 and 6800 series cranks but use bolt covers for best appearance. 10 / 11 / 12spd compatible.
- Bolts : For Outer chainring please order "Long bolts" from us OR Bolt Covers. Changing Inner chainring to oval only? use original bolts.
- Material : CNC machined 7075 Txxx Aluminum. Long-lasting construction. Physical Vapour Deposition
- Ovality : Optimized to each size separately. 34T- 6.5% ; 36T, 38T, 39T- 11.4%, 50/52/53T - 10-11.2% ; Timing of 108 -110.5° after TDC (top dead center) - Ideal for road climbing. Patent Pending